Primal Deodorant and smell control beauty products
You don't have to put up with excessive smell when you switch to a natural deodorant
Switching to a natural deodorant can be stressful for many, who have previously experienced an increase in body order while trying to switch to a natural deodorant.
Difference between Deodorant vs. Antiperspirant
- formulated to eliminate armpit odor, but not perspiration.
- typically, deodorant is formulated to maintain your skin's acidic pH, which makes it less attractive to odor causing bacteria.
- work to block sweat pores thus reducing the amount of perspiration that reach your skin.
- use aluminum-based compounds that block sweat pores.
- there’s concerns that if the skin absorbs these aluminum compounds, they can affect the estrogen receptors of breast cells. Studies have been done, concluding that there is no coloration between Breast Cancer and aluminum compounds in antiperspirant. However, the study also suggested there’s a strong need for further research.
What is the smell?
Sweat has no smell, however, It’s the bacteria on your skin breaking down sweat that produce an odor. The sweat from your apocrine glands — located in the armpits, groin, and the nipple area — is high in protein, which is easy for bacteria to break down. Sweat is a cooling mechanism that helps us shed excess heat. Armpits have a higher density of sweat glands than other areas of the body. and the damp warmth of your armpits is an ideal environment for bacteria. Switching to a natural deodorant from using antiperspirant means that your body will go through a detoxification process. This process typically causes more smell, as your body purges and acclimatizes to sweating again.
Soul Concept smell control beauty products are formulated to ensure your skin's pH is optimal to prevent the odor causing bacteria that creates smell, while providing you with a complete system that will support the transition and ongoing use of a natural deodorant.