6 Reasons to add Vitamin C to your Skin Care Ritual
1. Good for All Skin Types
- Vitamin C used topically benefits all skin types. A little goes along way. Vitamin C has an excellent safety profile, but rare cases of mild reactions have happened in hypersensitive individuals. For best results, one should always do a spot check on a small area of skin, leave for 24 hours, and observe any reaction. If skin reacts, then discontinue use.
2. It's Brightening
- can help fade pigmentation and smooth the skin's surface to reduce dullness, giving skin a youthful glow.
3. Helps Reduce Redness & Even Out Skin Tone
- known to reduce a variety of inflammatory skin conditions, while minimizing redness to create a more even complexion.
4. Helps Fade Hyperpigmentation
- Hyperpigmentation - includes sun spots, age, spots and melasma - occurs when melanin is overproduced in certain areas of the skin.
- Application of Vitamin C has been shown to impede melanin production, helping fade dark spots and lead to more even skin tone.
5. Promotes Collagen Production
-Is well known for boosting collagen production and collagen production is ties to skin elasticity and firmness. As collagen levels begin to decrease, skin may begin to sag; Vitamin C boosting collagen production, may result in an overall tightening effect.
6. Protect Against Sun Damage & Accelerate Wound Healing
- Sun damage is caused by molecules called free radicals (which are atoms with a missing electron), that search for other atoms from which they can 'steal' an electron - and this can lead to significant damage to skin.
-Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants, that protect healthy skin cells, rendering free radicals harmless. And the antioxidants accelerate cell turnover, replacing damaged cells with healthy ones. Thus speeding up wound healing while reducing risk of inflammation, infection and scarring.
Vitamin C Brightening Powder
Vitamin C Brightening Powder is 100% Ascorbic Acid. Ascorbic Acid is the free form of Vitamin C , which is not only the most quickly absorbed but also the most effective when applied to the skin. Ascorbic Acid is known to be tricky to formulate with as it will oxidize when mixed with water, losing its skin revitalizing strength. That is why, the Vitamin C Brightening Powder must be mixed to use and can be added to your favorite products only as you need.
How to Use Vitamin C Brightening Powder
Vitamin C Brightening Powder can be used once or twice per day, or more typically 2 to 3 times per week as part of your skincare ritual. A good rule of thumb on the steps of skincare are in line with the Soul Concept - Skincare Revelations with the 4R's - which is Relieve (cleanse), Rebalance (tone), Revive (serums) and Receive (moisturize & protect). Vitamin C Brightening Powder would be used in the Revive step.
Maximum usage strength is 1 part Vitamin C Brightening Powder with 3 parts water soluble liquid. (More water soluble liquid may be used, but not less).
As long as you remember that the Vitamin C Brightening Powder needs to be dissolved first in a water soluble liquid, then the powder can virtually be added to any product. Really,... think about it, how would your skin feel if you added it to your body lotion, or with your bath salts,... the possibilities of radiantly glowing skin are endless.
Here is one of my personal favorite Super Face Serums with Vitamin C Brightening Powder:
1 scoop (scoop that comes with the powder) of Vitamin C Brightening Powder
3 sprays of Mango Rose Hydrating Facial Mist,
place in center of cupped clean hand, and stir with finger to dissolve.
1 pump of Flawless Facial Serum
5 drops of my new Plum Crazy Elixir - Beauty Oil (soon to be released!)
One final stir with my finger, and then I use my fingertips to transfer the mixture to my skin on my face, neck and neckline. I follow up with my Yarrow Nourishing Ceramide Cream and off to bed I go. When I wake, I can visible notice my skin soft, smooth and radiantly glowing.
Consistency is the secret for the maximum effect, so add it to your routine in a way that makes sense for you. Some people apply it in the morning to take advantage of its UV-protectant properties, while others find that it works best as a night serum. Let this information be your guide. Trust your intuition and listen... you will know what you need .
GUIDANCE is great,
LISTEN to your intuition
OBSERVE your skin
ACCEPT your unique beauty
Essential Self-Care utilizing the abundant beauty found in Nature. Does it get any better than that?! Always celebrating the UNIQUE BEAUTY of YOU!